Melasma Laser Treatment in Guntur
Are you suffering from blackish discolouration on nose, cheek, forehead and sometimes even on your hand get Best Melasma Laser Treatment in Guntur. Leelavathi Advanced Skin & Laser centre offers advanced Laser Treatment that eliminates melasma and gives you even-toned, glowing skin.
Melasma is a type of skin blemish that’s common in the Indian subcontinent. It’s usually seen in people between the ages of 20 and 50. It affects both men and women, with the majority of cases being seen in women. Melasma is believed to be caused by the action of the female hormone resulting in an increase in melanin pigmentation when exposed to sunlight.
Melasma is a type of skin rash that appears on the face and is characterised by brown, blue or grey patches. It’s more common in adults than in men.It’s also called the “mask of pregnancy” or chloasma, and it’s important to get medical help as it can flare up and not respond to treatment. It gets worse over time and gets worse with regular sun exposure.
The most common areas affected by melasma are the central part of the face, the malar area, the temples and the forehead. The type of melanin pigment that is pigmented on the face can range from epidermal to dermal or a combination of both.
Melasma is caused by external factors such as sun exposure, cosmetics, exposure to phototoxic medications and anti-seizure medications, oral contraceptive pills, and internal factors such as hormonal shifts, pregnancy, and genetic predisposition.
Some factor of melasma include:
- Sun exposure, laptop screen, TV screen, mobile screen, and other sources of UV radiation.
- Hormonal imbalances (Pregnancy, Menopause, Hypothyroidism).
- Melasma Genetics.
- People with darker skin tones are more likely to develop melasma.
- Skin care products containing harsh, unsanitary chemicals
Melasma is divided into three main types based on the layer of the skin:
Epidermal Melasma is a condition affecting the outermost layer of your skin.
Dermal melasma appears in the deeper layers.
Mixed melasma, the most common type and affects the dermis and the epidermis
When you choose Leelavathi Advanced Skin & Laser centre in Guntur you will get the best results with your Melasma Laser Treatment. It starts with an in-depth assessment to determine the skin type and type of melasma, how it spreads and how severe it is, where it’s located and what’s causing it.
Melasma Laser Treatment involves following steps:
- Laser Treatment: Melasma laser treatment is approved by the USFDA and it’s great for treating melasma that’s deeper down in the skin and won’t respond to other treatments.Our specialists utilise Q-SWITCH Nd: YAG laser technology, which penetrates deep into the skin to target and destroy melanin deposits.
- Chemical Laser Peels: Exfoliation of the upper layer of the skin is carried out by specialist dermatologists in accordance with United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) protocols. They use a variety of natural extracts (e.g. glycolic acids, kojic acids) in various concentrations. Multiple treatments are required to achieve optimal results.
Melasma is a common pigmentation disorder that causes light brown to dark brown or gray patches to appear on the skin, primarily on the face.The most common areas for melasma to appear on the face include the bridge of the nose, the forehead, the cheeks and the upper lip. Melasma may also appear on other areas of the body, especially those exposed to a lot of sunlight.
Potential triggers for melasma include changes in hormones during pregnancy (chloasma), hormone treatment, or while taking birth control pills, certain skin care products, if they irritate a person’s skin. Also, there may be a genetic component to melasma, as people whose close relatives have experienced melasma are more likely to develop it themselves.
The primary symptom of melasma is the development of discolored patches on skin. While it does not cause any other physical symptoms, some people find the appearance of these patches bothersome.
As melasma is triggered by U.V light , at Leelavathi Advanced Skin & Laser Centre we emphasis and counsel on proper use of sunscreen. We have Pandora’s box of medical and procedural options like chemical peels, pigment removal laser, tranexamic acid injections etc. for treating Melasma.
- Reduced Hyperpigmentation
- Improved Skin Tone and Texture
- Minimized Side Effects
- Long-lasting Results
- Targeted Treatment